Dr. Brett Winchester lectures throughout the world, teaching his functional approach to patient care. Combining manual therapy, including joint manipulation and neuromuscular stabilization, with therapeutic exercise, Dr. Winchester effectively treats functional pathologies and acts as a catalyst for patients working to enhance their performance.Dr. Winchester is the founder of Winchester Spine & Sport located outside St. Louis, Missouri. His current and previous appointments include:
- Advanced biomechanics course instructor at Logan College of Chiropractic (2003-2020)
- Technique instructor at Logan College of Chiropractic (2003-2020)
- St. Louis Cardinals Team Chiropractor (2014-2018)
- Biomechanics instructor at Maryville University
- Instructor and board member for the Motion Palpation Institute
- Chiropractic Rehabilitation Diplomate instructor
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization instructor trained by Pavel Kolar
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) certified
- Gestalt Performance (owner)
- Gestalt Education (owner)
Dr. Winchester’s published research includes topics such as offering a multidisciplinary approach for treatment of the pregnant population and foot dysfunction. Various chiropractic journals have also featured Dr. Winchester for his patient-driven treatment model. He also has authored two chapters for textbooks.
Dr. Winchester enjoys treating professional and collegiate athletes and has gained a reputation for his sports medicine background. His expertise has placed him at the forefront of the ulnar collateral ligament rupture epidemic in professional baseball pitchers, providing insights into causation and effective treatment protocols. Dr. Winchester served as the chiropractor for the St. Louis Cardinals from 2014-2018 and still consults with various Major League Baseball teams. Still, his passion remains with diagnosing and treating the ailments of a diverse patient population with conservative-based protocols.